Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions between (GTI) and any customer of GTI (Customer) apply to the exclusion of all others including any terms and conditions of the Customer (whether on the Customer’s order form or otherwise). The Customer acknowledges that these terms and conditions embody the whole agreement between the parties and that they are bound by them.
- Orders are made by the Customer in the method stipulated by GTI, which may be varied from time to time.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by GTI.
- Prices are provided by GTI in a price list provided to the Customer or on a quote basis.
- All prices are subject to change at any time before an order is made by the Customer.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Customer will pay for any product purchased on order of the product. Payment for orders placed through this site may be made by credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Afterpay, Zip Pay and Klarna. These payments are processed online using the Stripe secure payment gateway. PayPal payments are processed using the PayPal secure payment gateway. Stripe secure payment gateway.
- Stripe secure payment gateway
- PayPal secure payment gateway
- Credit and debit card payments
It is not necessary to have a Stripe account in order to make a purchase on this site. Stripe accepts all major credit and debit cards. Please note that we may be unable to accept credit cards issued by banks outside of Australia in some cases.
- Credit Accounts
If by agreement of GTI products are purchased by the Customer on credit then payment for the product or products will be due 30 days from the date the invoice is rendered to the Customer.
- In some circumstances GTI may direct the Customer to third party creditors to purchase products. In such circumstances the terms and conditions for the payment by the Customer using a third party creditor approved by GTI that will be applied are separate to these terms and conditions and are as agreed between the Customer and the third-party creditor.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing delivery of product is at the location specified by GTI.
- Subject to clause 4(c), where a place of delivery other than GTI’s warehouse or store location is specified in writing, the Purchaser must pay for the costs of transport of goods to the place of delivery as quoted by GTI.
- Where shipping is required between GTI’s various locations of operation, the Customer agrees to be charged for the cost of transport.
- Product deliveries are made by third-party service providers and due to this outsourcing and varying Customer location shipping times vary.
- Any delay of delivery, for any reason whatsoever, will not entitle the Customer to claim for any consequential loss or damage or to cancel, rescind or terminate the contract.
- Where possible GTI will provide the Customer with any tracking reference number provided by the third-party delivery service provider.
- The Customer must inspect the product immediately on delivery and provide GTI with written notice in accordance with clause 9(b) if the goods are not in accordance with the contract.
- Failure to give notice in accordance with clause 5(a), then to the extent permitted by law the product is deemed to have been accepted by the Customer.
6. Retention of Title
- Property in the product supplied by GTI to the Customer under these terms and conditions does not pass to the Customer until the money owing for the product(s), and any other money owing by the Customer to GTI, has been paid in full. The Customer in the meantime takes custody of the product(s) and retains them as the fiduciary agent and bailee of GTI.
7. Returning Products
- The Customer is responsible for all return freight costs. The refund amount will not include original freight cost.
- GTI is not responsible for any damage to returned products during transit, and may decline the return request or revise the refund amount should this occur.
- Subject to any statutory requirements stating otherwise, products will only be considered for return when the following conditions are met:
- GTI must be notified within 7 days of the customer receiving the product, that the product is being returned. The product must be received by GTI within 7 days of this notification.
- The customer must provide the original invoice number.
- The product must be returned in original re-saleable condition, including packaging.
- The product must NOT have been fitted, modified, unassembled, used or damaged in any way. The product must be in the same condition as supplied by GTI.
- All products must be checked for suitability prior to any attempt or preparation for fitting (includes sanding and painting). No claim will be considered for incorrect supply against order.
- The Customer must not attach or write anything on the product itself or packaging unless instructed by GTI to do so.
- The product must be securely packed to ensure it is received back by GTI in original and re-saleable condition.
8. Short Supply
- Product shortages will only be considered if reported to GTI within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.
9. Damaged Products
- Visible damage or product loss in transit must be clearly noted on the shipping carrier’s delivery receipt. In the event of damage or product loss during transit, GTI must be immediately notified.
- All products must be checked for damage and reported to GTI within 3 business days of receiving.
- GTI is not responsible for any product damage occurred when products are on-sold to any third parties.
- GTI warrants that the product or products are free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period from the date of purchase being:
- 12 Months - Mechanical Parts
- 24 Months - Headlights and Indicators
- 60 Months - Body Panels and Parts.
- 12 Months - Any product type not specified above.
- If a product warranty claim is raised during the warranty period the product must be returned to GTI at the purchaser’s expense. If the product warranty claim is approved, GTI may either:
- Repair the product free of charge.
- Replace the product free of charge.
- Provide a refund which will include customers return freight cost.
- When a warranty claim is not approved GTI will return the product to the purchaser at the purchasers expense.
11. Conditions of Warranty
- The product must be returned to: Global Truck Imports.
- The product must have been fitted by a licensed motor mechanic, smash repairer, auto electrician (as the context requires) and in any case by a legally qualified person with suitable experience (for the part required to be fitted and scope of work) an be correct for the make, model and body type for which the purchase was originally made.
- Suitable oils and lubricants must be used and kept at correct levels.
- Failure of the product must not be due to: misuse, incorrect installation, incorrect connection or other abuse.
- Warranty will be void if the product is modified in any way, faulty due to misuse, abuse or incorrect installation.
- GTI will not be liable for consequential damage or loss of income due to failure of any product sold, and will not reimburse the customer for fitting or refitting charges of a faulty product nor for consequential expenses or costs arising from a faulty product.
12. Force Majeure
- GTI will make every effort to deliver the product(s) on the agreed date or dates.
- “Force Majeure” means causes beyond the reasonable control of GTI or its suppliers or manufacturers, preventing or interfering with the delivery by GTI (or its nominated third party service provider), including natural disaster, war (declared or undeclared), riots, civil commotion, epidemic or pandemic, strikes, lockouts, inclement weather, fire, acts of terrorism, accidents, restraints affecting shipping or credit, non-arrival or delay of carriers, short or reduced supply of fuel or raw materials or excessive costs thereof, or of production, acts of any governmental authorities, or any other similar contingency affecting GTI or its suppliers or manufacturers.
- Should Force Majeure prevent the total or partial performance under the Agreement, the party claiming Force Majeure shall inform the other party substantiating the occurrence of and the nature of the contingency. Any default or delay caused by Force Majeure shall not constitute a breach of the Agreement. GTI is not liable for any default or delay caused by Force Majeure and may, at its option, deliver with reference to all its customers or cancel any delivery not made.
13. No Waiver
- No waiver of any breach or failure to enforce any provision will in any way limit or waive the right of that party to subsequently require strict compliance with these terms and conditions.
14. Governing Law
- These terms and conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New South Wales in the Commonwealth of Australia. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales in respect of any disputes, actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions.
15. Updated Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions are subject to change by GTI without prior notification to and acceptance by the Customer. The most recent Terms and Conditions are published on GTI’s website www.globaltruckimports.com.au and supersede all previously advised terms and conditions advised to the Customer.
16. Afterpay, Zip and Klarna
- Afterpay, Zip and Klarna payment methods are available to "Retail" customers only.